St Mary’s Convent is run as a Charity by the Union of the Sisters of Mercy, an apostolic order working in the community. They embrace people of all faiths and cultures, and of no faith at all. They put a great emphasis on hospitality and are looking forward to welcoming us to their Convent. It was founded in 1840 and designed by Augustus Pugin at the same time as he was designing Birmingham’s St Chad’s Cathedral. In 1952 the Convent was designated by English Heritage as a Grade II* listed building. Come and visit this beautiful building and learn more about the work of the Sisters in the community.
Please note that, as a Charity, donations on the day to the invaluable work of the Sisters will always be very
gratefully received by them.